As with most shares, you have the possibility of using EVERY bit of the share! You can eat the greens to the kohlrabi and beets also.
- Sweet, Crunchy Cabbage- See Kohlrabi & Cabbage Slaw from Dishing Up the Dirt
- Kohlrabi- See Kohlrabi & Cabbage Slaw from Dishing Up the Dirt
- Collard Greens-Use these greens as a substitute for tortillas or bread this week. This recipe is a great way to prep the greens into a tasty, malleable vehicle, then you can fill it with whatever you'd like! Hummus, veggies, turkey, whatever!
- Beetroot- Cut the greens off and store separately to keep the root crisper longer. Shred raw beets into salads, pickle (there are "quick-pickle" recipes that will store in your fridge for a week), roast with honey glaze, sautéed
- Italian Dandelion Greens- A cultivated cousin to the better-known weed. Dandelion is another bitter green that can really stand out sautéed with garlic and oil, paired with eggs, or used as a sub for kale in soups. These greens are very nutritious!! Some more ideas here for inspiration.
- Summer Crisp Lettuce- We finally found lettuce that doesn't go directly to pot when the temps heat up. We hope you enjoy this speckled lettuce simple and fresh!
- Microgreen Blend